The Sam Silva Memorial tournament concluded theKaua’i USA Wrestling Spring Season. There were championships in 10 weight and age groups.
Clarissa Chun, Olympic Hall of Famer, taught Kaua’i youth wrestle techniques and talked about the lessons she learned on the mat.
There were 42 wrestlers from 4 to 35 years of age who filled the day with 47 matches as well as four exhibition matches to determine the bracket champions.
Westside Wrestling would love to thank Frank Flippi for officiating nearly 100 matches during the five-week spring season.
Wrestling continues in Waimea, Kapa’a, as some wrestlers plan to travel to camps on the mainland.
• Age 4-8, 44 Pounds: Brynn Malama, Koa Armitage, Keawaihi Armitage, Keahnui Mori
• Age 8-9, 59 Pounds: Kommon Cunanan, Zayden Hirouji, Brody Aceret, Atlas Monteleone
• Age 8-10, 67 Pounds: Jian Cuaresma, Liam Hirouji, Kahikoloa Lopez, Noah Hussey
• Age 9-11, 91 Pounds: Kiakaha Lopez, Kaonohi Armitage, Koaia Sakamoto-Flores
• Age 9-12, 102 Pounds: Wyatt Ballard, Kaiwahie Sakamoto-Flores, Triton Monteleone
• Age 12-16, 112 Pounds: Safira Lasore, Makai Kua, Kayeleigh Martinez
• Age 15-17, 145 Pounds: Lilyn Hayase, Teani Medeiros-Maielua, Deandre Gonzales
• Age 14-16, 175 Pounds: Skyelynn Ripley, Brianna Ku Kekona, Koi Richards, Kolai Richards
• Age 15-16, 196 Pounds: Jackson Hussy, Shawn Parraga, Ephraim Salud
• Age 27-32, 175 Pounds: Colin Fink, Paul Shindell